Wilts County Championships, Age Groups and Sprints 2020
As in previous years, Wilts County ASA will be running three competitions in the first quarter of 2020:
- Championships, for those born in 2006 or earlier (plus swimmers born 2007-2010 who can swim sufficiently fast)
- Age Groups, for swimmers born in 2007-2010
- Sprints, for those born 8th March 2011 or earlier.
To enter a given race (such as 50m Backstroke) you must have swum the same race faster than the relevant qualifying time (which varies by age and gender) between:
- 1 March 2019 and 12 December 2019 for the Championships and Age Groups, other than the 800m and 1500m freestyle events;
- 1 January 2019 and 12 December 2019 for the 800m and 1500m freestyle events; or
- 1 March 2019 and 16 February 2020 for the Sprints.
Entry times for the Championships and Age Groups must have been swum at a licensed meet, such as our Club Sprints, Club Championships or an Open Meet. Those times will therefore appear on swimmingresults.org (also known as 'rankings') - you can enter your surname at that page to see your best licensed times.
Entry times for the Sprints are for 25m races, which are not stored on swimmingresults.org. These will therefore come from times achieved at our club, such as one-length time trials.
The latest qualifying times for all three competitions are available from this page on the County website. Note that all those times are based on your age at 31 December 2020. For example age 12 for anyone born in 2008 (because you will have your 12th birthday in 2020). In general your age will be 2020 minus your year of birth, e.g. 2020-2008 = 12 for anyone born in 2008.
Some of those times are shaded and are 'consideration times' rather than 'qualifying times' - if you swim faster than a consideration time your entry will be considered but you are not guaranteed a place; there might not be enough space for everyone, so entries from slower swimmers will not be accepted.
The closing dates for entries are:
- 12 December 2019 (Championships and Age Groups) - just after our own Open Meet; and
- 16 February 2020 (Sprints).
Note: you only need to attend the session(s) for the event(s) that you are entering, not all of them!
- Sat 11th and Sun 12th Jan, Salisbury Five Rivers Leisure Centre
- Sat 18th Jan, Swindon Link Centre
- Sun 19th Jan, Swindon Link Centre
- Sat 1st and Sun 2nd Feb, Swindon Link Centre
- Sat 25th Jan, Marlborough College (1500m)
- Sun 23rd Feb, Salisbury Five Rivers Leisure Centre (800m)
- Sun 8th March, Swindon Milton Road