Events & Galas
Corsham ASC Level 3 Open Meet, Sat 9 & Sun 10 December 2017
Once again we look forward to welcoming swimmers from near and far to our licensed open meet, scheduled just before the deadline for achieving ranking times for entry into the Wiltshire County Championships.
- a choice of 15 events (50m, 100m and 200m in each stroke, plus 400m freestyle, 200m IM and 400m IM), £4 entry fee per event
- 5 age groups (9, 10, 11/12, 13/14, 15+), based on ages at 10 Dec 2017
- medals for the top 3 swimmers in each age group in each event (for boys and girls separately)
- trophies for the best boy and girl in each age group overall, based on the points achieved in four categories:
a) any 100m race; b) 200m breaststroke/backstroke/butterfly; c) 200 IM; and d) 200m freestyle
- 'no faster than' qualifying times for entries to each event
- 'speeding tickets' instead of medals where the qualifying times are exceeded by more than 5%; such results will not count towards a trophy
- entries close Wednesday 29 Nov 2017
For full details, including paper entry form, please see the Meet Pack (pdf).
Entries of 5 or more swimmers should be made electronically using SportSystems - please download the SportSystems entry file for our meet from within this Word document. (You can download SportsSystems' free Entry Manager software from their website)
Corsham ASC swimmers should enter using the form available from the Club documents page in the members' area
General Gala Information
Once swimmers have left width sessions and moved into the Club's squad system, they are encouraged to enter Galas, League and Open meets.
The Club runs two internal galas, the Club Championships in October/November and the sprints in June. Members of our TAGS, Junior, Senior and Masters squads are eligible to enter these galas which are run in accordance with Swim England rules. Above all, Club galas are good fun and provide our swimmers with an opportunity to try competition and gauge themselves against their fellow club mates. Trophies and medals are awarded for all age band categories.
The Club enters teams into both the Wiltshire Winter and Summer leagues organised by the Wiltshire County ASA. Representing the Club is an honour and members are expected to fulfil their commitments once chosen for one of the teams. It certainly makes the competition secretary's task much easier if they know they can depend upon members not to let them down at the last minute.
Throughout the year, the Club also enters swimmers into selected Open Meets which will encourage younger swimmers and those who fit in with the various grading categories. From time to time, the competition secretary will advertise these meetings here on the website and by email, or even approach parents or swimmers directly to recommend participation. There is no obligation to attend any of these Open Meets but they can assist with overall development.
For more details of galas and competitions, click on Fixtures or speak to the competition secretary or head coach.