Corsham Swimming Club Child Safeguarding Policy
Corsham ASC is committed to a club environment in which all children and young people participating in its activities have a safe and positive experience.
In order to achieve this the club agrees to:
1. Adopt and implement the ASA Wavepower 2020/23 policy in full.
2. Recognise that all children participating in Corsham ASC, (regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability or disability) have a right to enjoy their involvement in swimming in a safe environment and be protected from harm.
3. Ensure that those individuals, who work with children in Corsham ASC, whether paid or voluntary, provide a positive, safe and enjoyable experience for the children.
4. Appoint a Club Welfare Officer with the necessary skills, training as outlined by the ASA who will take the lead in dealing with all child safeguarding matters raised within the club.
5. Ensure that the Club Welfare Officer’s name and contact details are known to all staff, club members and parents of members.
6. Ensure that the Welfare Officer is available to discuss issues of concern on matters of safeguarding and deal with such concerns appropriately and in line with Wavepower 2020/23
7. Ensure that all those persons who work with children in Corsham ASC have undertaken the appropriate training and relevant checks (CRB/DBS) and adhere to the required practices for safeguarding children as outlined in Wavepower 2020/23
8. Ensure that all individuals who will be working or will work with children in the club have been recruited in accordance with the Swim England Safe Recruitment Policy.
9. Ensure that all individuals who work with children in the club have the appropriate training and codes of conduct and good practice to follow in line with the guidance in Wavepower 2020/23
10. Provide all club members and parents of members with the opportunity to raise concerns in a safe and confidential manner if they have a concern about a child’s welfare.
11. Ensure that all child safeguarding matters, whether they be concerns about child welfare or protection, are dealt with appropriately in accordance with the guidance for reporting and action in Wavepower 2020/23.
12. Ensure that confidentiality is maintained appropriately and in line with the best interests of the child.
13. Ensure all papers relating to child safeguarding matters are held in a safe and secure manner.
Corsham ASC Welfare Officer
Other useful contacts
Swimline CP Helpline: 0808 100 4001
NSPCC Helpline: 0808 800 5000