The dates for this year’s Club Championships are Saturday 17th October (5pm warm-up) and Sunday 18th October (3pm warmup)at the Springfield Campus All races will be heat declared winners, i.e. no finals.
Entry forms now attached at the bottom of this news article. All the medals, trophies and awards will be presented at the Party Evening on November 27th at the Corsham Community Hub (watch this space!).
The 200m Fly and long distance events will be held on separate nights – see attached entry form for details.
Which Races Can I Enter?
The age groups are 8 and under, 9/10, 11/12, 13/14, 15/16, 17+ (ages as of 31st December 2015) for boys and girls.
We have incorporated the 50m events for all swimmers so as give the opportunity to gain times as the Sprints were not held earlier this year.
Whereas we encourage everyone to enter the full set of races, note that for the youngest swimmers the 200m races can be challenging, especially the 200m IM where 50m Butterfly is required. If unsure whether to enter, please speak to a coach.
Please note that there are 2 Sessions over the 2 days, each targeted at being no longer than 2 hours.
Championship Distance Events
Entry fee for these Distance events to be covered by swim cards. Dates are specified on the entry form.
What Should I Take?
Here are the recommendations for this event.
– Goggles (plus spares if possible). Test and adjust these during training to ensure that they do not come off when diving
– Large towel, or two. There will be repeated drying-off required
– Polo shirt to wear between swims to keep warm
– Drink – swimming in an enclosed pool is very dehydrating. A large unbreakable drinks bottle containing water or possibly squash is needed
– Sustenance – energy levels can be maintained with simple sweets such as Haribo or jelly blocks. Known to keep swimmers happy too!
When Should I Arrive?
Please aim to arrive at least 15 minutes before the start as this will allow you time to
2. Get changed
3. Be ready poolside for the warm-up
To make the Championships go smoothly we need a number of volunteers including officials, marshalls, announcers, people on the door, raffle, etc. If you can possibly help it would be much appreciated.